Implementation of ESI and Maternity Benefits and Payment of Gratuity Schemes for Handloom weavers
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF TEXTILES
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO: 3299
ANSWERED ON: 13.03.2020
ESI and Maternity Benefits for Handloom Weavers
Sanjay(Kaka) Ramchandra Patil Will the Minister of TEXTILES be pleased to state:-
(a) whether the Government has formulated any scheme for implementation of ESI and Maternity Benefits and Payment of Gratuity Schemes for Handloom weavers and Handicrafts persons under ESI Act, 1948, Maternity Benefits Act, 1961 and Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972;
(b) if so, the details of the scheme; and
(c) if not, the reasons therefor?
MINISTER OF TEXTILES
(SMT. SMRITI ZUBIN IRANI)
(a) to (c): Provisions of Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948, Maternity Benefits Act, 1961 and Gratuity Act, 1972 are applicable to formal sector where employer-employee relationship exists. Handloom and Handicraft Sectors are mostly unorganized and decentralized, with characteristics of Cottage Industry. These enterprises are often operated out of home rather than from a purpose-built facility, with very little investment in Plant and Machinery.
ESIC Maternity Benefits Details
Maternity Benefit is payable to an Insured Woman in the following cases subject to contributory conditions:-
- Confinement-payable for a period of 12 weeks (84 days) on production of Form 21 and 23.
- Miscarriage or Medical Termination of Pregnancy (MTP)-payable for 26 weeks (182 days) from the date following miscarriage-on the basis of Form 20 and 23.
- Sickness arising out of Pregnancy, Confinement, Premature birth-payable for a period not exceeding one month-on the basis of Forms 8, 10 and 9.
- In the event of the death of the Insured Woman during confinement leaving behind a child, Maternity Benefit is payable to her nominee on production of Form 24 (B).
- Maternity benefit rate is 100% of average daily wages.
- Implementation of ESI and Maternity Benefits and Payment of Gratuity Schemes for Handloom weavers March 16, 2020 Read more…
- Ayushman Bharat to Provide Medical Care to ESIC Beneficiaries November 14, 2019 Read more…
- District-Wise ESI Dispensaries in Kerala August 2, 2019 Read more…
- Launching of IVR / Help Desk’ for ESIC Beneficiaries August 27, 2018 Read more…