Goa District Map PDF Download
Goa is one of the most sought-after destinations for tourists from all over the world. Its scenic beaches, mild weather, friendly culture, thriving nightlife and delectable food are the main attractions. Its rich ﬂora and fauna owing to its location in the Western Ghats, classified as a biodiversity hotspot, sapphire skies, and golden, palm-fringed beaches make it the supreme holiday destination for domestic and foreign, hippie and high-end tourists alike. But these are not the only things that make Goa unique.
Goa is one of the smallest states in the country and has well-developed infrastructure, roadways, railways, airport, seaport, high socio-economic indicators, skilled talent etc. that makes the state an ideal destination for investment. Goa has the highest GDP per capita among all Indian states, two and a half times as high as the GDP per capita of the country. The Eleventh Finance Commission of India named Goa the best-placed state because of its infrastructure, and India’s National Commission on Population rated it as having the best quality of life in India (based on the commission’s “12 Indicators”). It is the third-highest ranking among Indian states in human development index.
- Capital: Panjim is the Capital of Goa
- Geographical Area: Total Geographical Area of Goa is 3702 sq.km.
- Male Population: Total Male population of Goa is 0.74 million
- Female Population: Total Female population of Goa is 0.72 million
- Literacy Rate: Literacy Rate of Goa is 88.7%
- Administrative Districts: 2 Administrative Districts in Goa
- Sex Ratio: Sex ratio of Goa is 973 females per 1,000 males
- Population Density: 394 people per sq km
Goa Districts Name List
- North Goa
- South Goa
North Goa and South Goa, and 12 Talukas namely Pernem, Bardez, Bicholim, Satari, Tiswadi, Ponda, Murmgao, Salcete, Sanguem, Quepem, Dharbandora and Canacona.