ECHS beneficiaries having life style / chronic ailments / diseases on long treatment may purchase medicines till 31st October, 2021 based on the prescription held (prescribed by doctor of ECHS Polyclinic / Service Hospital/Empanelled hospital / Sehat OPD) irrespective of NA or otherwise on reimbursement basis.
Government of India :
Ministry of Defence
D/o Ex-Servicemen Welfare
221, B-Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi.
Dated: 17 August, 2021
The Chief of Army Staff
The Chief of Naval Staff
The Chief of Air Staff
Subject:- Reimbursement of cost of Medicine : Special Sanction in view of the Covid-19 till 31st October, 2021- regarding.
Refer to MoD/DoESW Letter No. 22D(19)/ 2020- D(WE/D(Res-I) dated 24.04.2021.
2. An onetime sanction for purchase of medicines and claim reimbursement of cost of medicine was issued till 31st July, 2021, vide letter referred above. In view of current situation of COVID-19 pandemic and restricted movements in containment zones, to promote social distancing and avoiding unnecessary exposure to ECHS beneficiaries to COVID-19 as well as minimizing footfall at ECHS Polyclinics and to protect from probable third wave of Covid-19, the ECHS beneficiaries having life style/chronic ailments/diseases on long treatment may purchase medicines till 31st October, 2021 based on the prescription held (prescribed by doctor of ECHS Polyclinic/Service Hospital/Empanelled hospital/Sehat OPD) irrespective of NA or otherwise on reimbursement basis. It is also clarified that the ECHS Polyclinics are functional and ECHS beneficiaries also have the option to collect medicines through ECHS Polyclinics as per normal practice, instead of purchasing from market, after taking prior appointment from respective OIC, ECHS Polyclinic.
3. One-time sanction is hereby accorded to reimburse the above expenditure under individual reimbursement of medical claims. The reimbursement will be done as per guidelines issued by CO, ECHS vide letter No. B/49761/AG/ECHS/ Medicines Policy dated 18th May, 2020 and even No. dated 21st July, 2020.
4. This will be applicable beyond 31st July, 2021 to till 31st October, 2021.
5.This issue with the concurrence of MoD(Finance/Pension) vide ID Note No. 32(09) /2020/Fin/Pen, dated 17.08.2021.
(Dr. P.P. Sharma)
OSD (WE & IC)
Tel/Fax- 2301 5772
Reimbursement of Cost of Medicines under ECHS Extended till 31-10-2021 – MOD Orders 2021 PDF Download
ECHS Reimbursement of Medical Claim Form PDF Download
- FORM FOR REIMBURSEMENT OF MEDCIAL CLAIMS OF ECHS BENEFICIARIES
- Guidelines for Claiming Reimbursement of Medicines